Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Curry leaves-3 sprig
Garlic chopped-2 tbsp
For the Sauté:
Garlic paste-1/2 tsp.
Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
Tomatoes- 2 small(make it puree)
Turmeric – 1/2tsp
Spices Used for the grinding
Cumin seeds-11/2 tbsp
Garam masala(cloves, cinnamon, cardomom)-1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
- Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and spices.
- Roast it and make a fine powder.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a cooker, add fennel seeds, curry leaves, and red chillies.
- Add ginger garlic flakes and crushed shallots, saute it .
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook it.
- Add tomato puree and the grounded spices with the salt.
- Cook it for few mins in a medium flame.
- When the oil floats at the top, add the mutton pieces and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it for 3-4 whistles.
- Open the lid ,transfer the curry into pan and cook it for 10 mins, and make it dry.
- Add cooked rice and mix it well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve it hot with raita and papad.