Aloo gobi- is classic Punjabi non –vegetarian dish with the combination of aromatic spices. Usually Punjabi dishes differs in spice contents ranges from low to high. In most Punjabi foods onions, garlic and ginger takes extensive place to give rich taste. Aloo chicken lies in the middle range. It is very quick to make and very delightful recipe.
Potatoes-2 medium Large
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cinnamon bark-3 pieces
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Turmeric – 1/2tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
- Take cauliflower wash and cut into small florets, blanch them in hot water with turmeric and salt For the 2 min.
- Heat the saucepan with the oil; add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Once it’s tempered, add chopped onions, green chillies.
- Add ginger garlic paste when onion turns golden brown. Sprinkle little water if the mixture sticks or dries until it softening to a mash
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Peel the half boiled potatoes and cut into big cubes.
- Once the oil separates from the masala, add gobi and potato to the masala.
- Add water and cover it on and cook in the medium flame For the 20 mins.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves
- Serve it hot with rice or roti’s
Note: Cook in a medium flame throughout the process. Variations can be made by adding mushrooms, cauliflower, peas, prawn…depending on individual preferences. For the party and occasions to give richness to the dish you can add cashew paste at the end beFor thee garnishing. Vegetarians can try with Punjabi Aloo Gobi recipe.