Briyani is spicy fried rice made with basmati rice,vegetables and spices.This special briyani is from the province sindh of pakistan. This is vegetarian version of sindhi briyani with potatoes.
Basmati Rice-1 Kg
Sindhi Briyani powder- 1 packet
Salt to taste
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Mint leaves-1/2 bunches (optional)
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan, add sliced onions and fry it till turns to golden brown.
- Add green chillies and potato cubes and fry it to golden brown.
- Add curd, sindhi biryani powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and tomato puree.
- Cook it until oil floats on the top.
- Cook ¾ the basmati rice in electric cooker with the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves. keep it aside
- Take the electric cooker sprinkle oil at the bottom and add rice as a layer and add potato masala as a layer on the top. Add chopped coriander leaves. Repeat it For the 3 times.
- Mix saffron in warm milk and sprinkle it at the top or use orange colour and cook it.
- Serve it hot with raita.