Broad beans coconut curry recipe is very special dish cooked in aromatic spices. In broad beans coconut curry the marination and the mixing part is very important, it gives very juicy taste and nice aroma. Broad beans or lablab beans is very good for health and used all over the world in different names. India it is known as broad beans, avarakkai, chikkudu kai and so on. you can make simple and quick dishes using broad beans.
Broad beans are also rich in both folate and B vitamins, which we need for nerve and blood cell development, cognitive function and energy.Broad beans are an excellent vegetable source of protein and fibre. This may be a winning combination for weight loss.This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium.
Broad Beans is good for skin.you will get shiny gorgeous skin. Broad beans leaf’s juice removes any pimple marks or any scars easily. Variety of dishes can be made with broad beans. I have prepared 15 recipes using broad beans, you can watch these recipe videos in my site. This is yummy and simple dish.
Broad Beans -250 gms
Turmeric powder -1/4tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering/Tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves -2 sprig
For the Grinding:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 TSP
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to the masala paste
- Add the masala paste to the chopped broad beans and mix it well so that it’s nicely coated on it.
- Marinate it for 15 mins.
- Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, and curry leaves.
- Once spluttered, add the marinated broad beans and sauté it.
- Sprinkle water covers it and cook for 15 mins in a low flame.
- Serve it hot with rice.