Cabbage soup is a traditional Portuguese dish originating from northern Portugal. It is now considered aa a national dish and is popular all over the world. It is made from Collie-greens which is couvos cabbage.Easy and simple to prepare,but yummy and healthy.
Ingredients:Onion-1 Potatoes-250 gms Garlic Cloves-3 Bay leaf-1 Shredded Cabbage-250 gms Salt to taste Pepper to taste Olive oil-2tsp
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion garlic and bay leaf. Cook it until it is softened.
- Add the diced potatoes,salt,pepper and water.cook it for few mins.
- Add the shredded cabbage and mix it well.
- Cover it cook for 15 mins in a medium flame.
- Check seasoning and serve it hot.