Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe – Origin
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Curry Recipe – chukka is prepared using South Indian Chettinad style. Chicken chukka is one of the popular dish in chettinad cuisine. usually it can be prepared with mutton. I have done nearly 16 types of chukka recipes with different combinations – chicken, mutton, prawn, fish, potato, cauliflower, egg and mushroom. you can watch these recipe videos in my site.Chettinad is famous for variety of spices that are freshly ground powders or masalas.Especially for non-vegetarian foods, it is one of the spicest most aromatic cuisine.
Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe – Spices and cooking method
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Curry Recipe – The cooking method is based on South Indian chettinad cuisines.Usually the chukka prepared using boneless chicken. I have done four types of dishes, chukka with bone and chukka with boneless,chukka biryani, chukka curry with potatoes and chicken. you can watch these recipe videos in my site.This is my version of cooking, in the first part chicken pieces cooked with fennel, curry leaves, red chillies, onion tomato, ginger garlic gravy. Then the dry roasted spices powdered, added to the chicken and pressure cooked. The second part of the recipe includes the curry cooked in the slow process till the gravy is thick. it makes the chicken very juicy, tender and well coated with spices.The texture and taste of the recipe is great.
Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe – Nutritional health benefits
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Curry Recipe – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins helps in losing weight quickly.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.Onion, tomato ,ginger,garlic, peppercorns, cumin, curry leaves have more medicinal properties and good for health.
Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe – Serving method
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Curry Recipe – is perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Chettinad Chicken Curry served as a main course for family gatherings, friends, parties or Sunday meal. This excellent dish can go well with rice, biryani, roti, naan, paratha, phulka, idli or dosa. Chettinad Chicken Curry is must try dish that anyone can do and love it. Delicious recipe.
Ginger small piece-1
Tomato -3 small
Fennel seeds-1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fresh Curry Leaves-4 Sprig
For the Grinding
Coriander seeds-1/2 tbsp
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
- Dry roast all the spices for grinding and make a fine curry powder.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add fennel seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic pieces and fry it.
- Add crushed shallots,cook it untill it turns to golden brown.
- Add salt,turmeric, ginger garlic paste,tomato puree and allow it to boil for few mins.
- When the oil separates, floats on the top and the gravy is thick,add the prepared curry powder and mix it well.
- Add the potato cubes,Chicken pieces and mix it with the masala cook for few mins.
- Cover it and pressure cook for 3 whistles in a slow flame.
- Transfer the gravy into the pan, cook it uncover till it gets thicken.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.Serve it hot with rice /roti.