Chicken Recipes – Chettinad Chicken Curry is an authentic Tamil cuisine, from chettinad. The aromatic spices are dry roasted, powdered and added to chicken,it has its own flavor and mind blowing taste.Chicken cooked with onion and tomato spices, gives the wonderful texture.Slow cooking process gives more taste,juicy tender and soft chicken.
Chicken Recipes – Chettinad Chicken Curry – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins also play an important role in assisting overweight people in losing weight quickly. As proteins are also known as the building blocks of muscles,chicken is also a great source if you’re looking for muscle build-up.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.
Chicken Recipes – Chettinad Chicken Curry is excellent dish that can be served as a main course for lunch or dinner. Chettinad chicken curry can go well with rice, roti, naan, idli or dosa. This is very popular chicken curry dish and very simple and delicious dish.
Chicken -1 Kg
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Curry leaves-2 sprig
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic paste -1 tsp
Ginger paste-1 tsp
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Spices For the Coconut Paste:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 Tbsp
Cumin seeds -1 tbsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add Chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric and salt.
- When the oil floats on the top, add the chicken pieces and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it for 12 mins in a low flame.
- Add the coconut paste and stir it well and cook for 10 mins.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.