Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – Origin
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Katsu Curry is one of my favorite dish. Chicken Katsu Curry recipe is a special Japanese dish. Katsu curry is very tasty and easy to prepare. Fried chicken pieces served with katsu creamy curry sauce and rice.
Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – Spices and cooking method
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – is a recipe cooked with authentic style of Japanese cooking.Chicken is marinated in pepper & salt. Fried in oil till it turns to golden brown. Fried chicken tastes crunchy outside and very juicy, tender and soft inside.The sauce is prepared using chicken stock, onion, ginger, garlic, honey, chilli flakes, soy sauce and pepper gives yummy taste to the dish.
Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – Nutritional health benefits
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins also play an important role in assisting overweight people in losing weight quickly. As proteins are also known as the building blocks of muscles,chicken is also a great source if you’re looking for muscle build-up.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.
Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – Serving method
Chicken Recipes – Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe – Chicken Katsu curry is excellent and healthy dish. Katsu curry is very less spicy and less oil. Chicken Katsu Curry is a great recipe to have either for lunch or dinner. Just try and feel the taste of Japanese cuisine.
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Cooked Rice-1 cup
For the Katsu Curry
Ginger small piece-1
Flour to thicken the gravy-1tbsp
Red chilli flakes-1 pinch
Salt to taste
- Dice the onions, garlic and ginger into small pieces
- Heat oil in a pan , add garlic and ginger and sauté it.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté it
- Add the curry powder,flour and mix it well
- Add the chicken stock little by little to avoid lumps
- Add the chilli flakes and a teaspoon of honey and cook for few mins.
- Add soy sauce, salt and stir it well, allow to cook for few more mins.
- Take the chicken breast and slice it in the middle.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper
- Dredge the chicken breast into the flour,give a egg wash and roll it into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan ,place the chicken and fry it until it turns to golden brown on each side.
- Blend the curry sauce, so that its smooth and glossy.
- Once chicken is done , make it slices.
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- Arrange rice and chicken slices on the plate and pour the katsu curry over it.
- Garnish it with spring onions and serve it immediately.