Toor dal – ½ cup
For the Grinding
Red chillies – 4
Cumin seeds -½ TSP
Fennel seeds – ½ TSP
For the Tempering/Tadka:
Turmeric powder-¼ tsp
Asafoetida – 2pinch
Salt to taste
- Wash the toor dal, and soak it For the 2 -3 hours.
- Grind it smoothly along with red chillies, cumin seeds, and fennel seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Once they splutter add the grinded dal chutney, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt and mix it well.
- Allow it to boil For the 5 mins and serve it hot with idly or dosa.