Egg in Tomato Gravy
Oil For the fry
Salt to taste
For the tempering/tadka:
Fennel seeds-1/4 tsp
For the Tomato paste:
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and sauté it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook For the 2 mins
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, salt and cook it For the 5 mins.
- Grind it in a blender and make a fine paste. Tomato paste is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds , green chilies and curry leaves.
- Once it’s spluttered add tomato paste and cook For the 5 mins.
- Add salt, water and allow to cook till oil floats at the top
- Pour the egg one by one and cover it and cook in a low flame For the few mins.
- Don’t stir it. When the egg is cooked and gravy is thickening, switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with rice.