Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
For the dough
All purpose flour–1 cup
- Take the flour in a large mixing bowl and add normal water.
- Add less water at a time and start to mix the flour to form the dough.
- We need the dough to be soft, so add less water at a time.
- Instead of water, you can also use yoghurt or milk. This makes dough really soft.
- To make a smooth, soft dough. Knead well for 8-10 minutes, adding a little flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Continue the process till you get the right consistency of the dough.
- Once you’ve got the dough to the right consistency, cover with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions and green chillies and fry it.
- Add eggs, turmeric and salt and scramble it gently.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves
- Divide the dough into small portions of evenly size.
- Roll these portions into balls between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board and roll each ball into a thick circle.
- Place small portion of the stuffed scrambled egg on the corner and cover it with other half , press the ends.
- Heat the oil for the deep frying in a thick-bottomed flat pan on a medium flame.
- Deep fry the Pufs one at a time, very gently on each side. This will help the Pufs to puff up.
- Fry the pufs till it turns to golden colour. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- To avoid deep frying ,brush the puff with the oil and cook it in the oven, serve it hot.