Eggplant casserole is very popular Mexican dish.It is very tasty and healthy too.it is very simple and easy to prepare.Mexican food is basically a fusion of Mexican, American and Spanish. The cuisine is as complex as other cuisines in the world.Always it includes the fusion of vegetables, meat, tomatoes with cheese or cream.
Eggplants -250 gms
Green chilies – 2
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and toss it until it turns to golden brown.
- Add green chillies,garlic,cumin mix it well and cook for few mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the eggplant slices/cubes and fry it till its softened.
- Preheat oven to 450.Spray baking sheet with oil and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer and the sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 until heated through and bubbly for 20-30 mins.
- Serve it hot.