Oil For the fry
Salt to taste
For the tempering/tadka:
Fennel seeds-1/4 tsp
For the Tomato paste:
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
For the Coconut Paste:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 TSP
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and sauté it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook For the 2 mins
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, salt and cook it For the 5 mins.
- Grind it in a blender and make a fine paste. Tomato paste is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Once it’s spluttered add tomato paste and cook For the 5 mins.
- Add coconut paste, salt, water and allow to cook till oil floats at the top
- Add chopped eggplant and mix it well and cook in a low flame For the few mins.
- Serve it hot with rice.