Brinjal Ennai Kathirikai
Baby Eggplant-250 gms
Tamarind Juce-1/4 cup
Oil For the fry
Salt to taste
For the tempering/tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
For the Tomato paste:
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the eggplant and keep it seperately.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and sauté it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook For the 2 mins
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and cook it For the 5 mins.
- Grind it in a blender and make a fine paste. Tomato paste is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, fenugreek seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Once it’s spluttered add tomato paste and cook For the 5 mins.
- Add tamarind juice, salt and allow to cook till oil floats at the top
- Add fried eggplant and mix it well and cook in a low flame.
- Serve it hot with rice.