Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Sambar powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering/Tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Red chillies -4
- Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, and red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once spluttered, add chopped brinjals and sauté it.
- Add turmeric powder, hing, sambar powder and salt.
- Sprinkle water, cover it and cook For the 15 mins in a low flame.
- Add cooked rice, sprinkle sesame oil and mix it well.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve it hot with raita or papad.