fresh thyme leaves-tsp
Chicken /Veg stock- 2tbsp
Sea Salt to taste
Black Pepper for seasoning
Butter – 2 tbsp
Olive oil-2 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add butter and olive oil.
- Add the onions and saute it until its softened.
- Add salt, thyme and pepper stir it well.
- Cook the onions until its caramelized.
- Add the stock and mix it well.boil it and simmer for few mins.
- when the water evaporates and it looks like a onion jam remove it.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. On the other side, top with onion mixture.
- Top with more cheese and the final piece of sandwich bread.
- Repeat process in assembling the other sandwich.
- Heat butter in a pan and cook sandwiches over medium heat.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve it hot immediately.