Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Curry leaves-2 spring
For the Sauté:
Shallots- 250 grams
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (optional)
Hing -1 pinch (optional)
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Spices For the Grinding:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 TSP
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
- Boil the eggs, peel it and keep it aside.
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste.
- Grind the coconut to a smooth paste separately.
- Crush the tomato using hand and crush the shallots using DD.
- Take boiled eggs in a bowl; add the grinded masala, crushed onions, crushed tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, hing and salt.
- Add handful of sesame oil and mix altogether with hand, marinate it for 5 mins.
- Heat the pan; transfer the mixture to the pan. Sprinkle water.
- Cover it and cook it for 15 min in a medium flame.
- Stir it occasionally. When it’s done, add the coconut paste and simmer it for 15 mins .
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.