Instant Rava Dosai – is traditional south Indian dish usually prepared for the breakfast or dinner. It’s very healthy dish rich in protein, prepared using mixed semolina and rice flour. It is very easy to prepare, no need for the fermentation, it is an instant dosa. This batter is slightly coarser from normal dosa batter. It is a thin crispy dosa. To add spicy to it, you can add pepper corns / onions.This is spicy dosa, so well goes with any sour or coconut related dishes like coconut chutney, tomato chutney, onion chutney and sambar.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian; Preparation Time: 20 mins; Cooking Time: 20 mins; Makes: 25
Ravai /semolina – 1/2 cup
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Green Chillies – 1 finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds –1 tsp
Salt as required
- Soak semolina in a little buttermilk For the 30 mins.
- Grind it in a blender coarsely with rice flour.
- The batter should be thin and watery.
- Add finely chopped ginger, finely chopped chillies, cumin seeds, whole black pepper and salt.
- Heat a non stick tawa/iron griddle, take a little batter in a ladle and pour it from the outer corners of the tawa to the inside in a circle like a normal dosa.
- Sprinkle a tsp of oil around the dosa.
- Cook till it turns to golden brown, flip it over to the other side and let it get cooked.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambar.