Yam – 500gms
Sour yogurt/curd-250 gms
Redchilli powder-1/4 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Fenugreek powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Coconut Paste:
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
For the tadka/tempering:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-2 spring
- Peel the vegtables and cut into small cubes.
- Boil the vegetables with chilli powder, pepper powder and turmeric.
- Once they cooked, add salt, yogurt, ghee and mix it well.
- Reduce the flame and cook it to the pouring consistency.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and make a fine powder.
- Add the coconut paste cook it in a low flame For the 4 mins.
- Switch off the flame and add the fenugreek powder and mix it well.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add mustard, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once they splutter, add it to the mix.
- Serve it hot with rice.