Chicken -1 kg
Basmati Rice-1 Kg
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cinnamon bark-3 pieces
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-6 medium
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Mint leaves-1/2 bunches (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan, add washed basmati rice and fry it nicely For the 2 to 3 mins. keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pressure cooker; add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves.
- Add Chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and salt cook it For the 7 mins.
- When the oil floats at the top, add the chicken pieces and mix it well.
- Add the basmati rice and water to the chicken.(Water ratio 1:2- including the mixture prepared)
- Add lemon juice, coriander and mint leaves
- Cook it For the 3 -5 whistles
- Serve it hot with raita.