Okra Recipes – Dahi okra is prepared using fried okra in curd. Dahi okra recipe can be made with sesame oil, which gives richness to the dish, tastes excellent and healthy.Dahi okra recipe is very healthy dish, no spices,very less oil can be used. Yogurt is excellent combination with okra.
Okra Recipes – Dahi okra is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium.
Okra recipes – Okra known in many English-speaking countries as ladies’ fingers, bhindi, bamia, or gumbo,It is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisine, such as bhindi masala /sambar. In Malaysia okra is commonly a part of yong tau foo cuisine,served in a soup with noodles.
Okra Recipes – Dahi okra is simple dish that can go well with rice and roti. Variety of dishes can be prepared with this okra. Okra Recipes- okra fry, bendakaya pulsu, okra peanut masala, bhindi masala are popular okra dishes in india. I have prepared 17 types of dishes, you can watch these recipe videos in my site. Each recipe has its unique flavor and taste.
Okra -250 gms
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering/Tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Red chillies -4
- Wash ,pat dry and chop okra into medium slices.
- Heat oil in a pan,add chopped okra and fry it gently.
- Add turmeric powder, hing and salt.
- Cook for 10 mins in a low flame.
- Whisk the yogurt and keep it aside.
- Add the fried okra pieces to the yogurt and stir it well.
- Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, and red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once they spluttered add it to the dahi okra and mix it well.
- Serve it with rice or roti or salad.