Kushka Briyani-Electri cooker
Chicken/Veg Stock-1 cup
Basmati Rice-1 Kg
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cinnamon bark-3 pieces
Briyani powder:2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Mint leaves-1/2 bunches (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan, add washed basmati rice and fry it nicely For the 2 to 3 mins. keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan; add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves.
- Add Chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, biryani powder and the salt cook it For the 7 mins.
- When the oil floats at the top, add the stock and mix it well.
- Take the electric cooker; add the fried basmati rice and masala.
- Add water.(Water ratio 1:2- including the mixture prepared)
- Add lemon juice, coriander and mint leaves
- Cook it and serve it hot with raita.