Mother’s Chicken Curry – Origin
Chicken Recipe – Mother’s Chicken Curry – is very great dish based on South Indian style of cooking specially from Andhra and Tamil cuisines. The authentic aromatic spices dry roasted, powdered and added to chicken.
Mother’s Chicken Curry – Spices and cooking method
Chicken Recipe -Mother’s Chicken Curry – boneless chicken pieces are used.Sesame oil is preferred. Chicken pieces cooked in onion tomato gravy with the spices in slow cooking process. The special ingredient is shallots,cumin,garlic and peppercorns were crushed, roasted in ghee with curry leaves and added to the curry enhance the taste. Mother’s chicken curry is a healthy dish, less spicy and less oil.
Mother’s Chicken Curry – Nutritional health benefits
Chicken Recipe – Mother’s Chicken Curry – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins helps in losing weight quickly.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.Onion, tomato ,ginger,garlic, shallots, peppercorns, cumin, curry leaves have more medicinal properties and good for health.
Mother’s Chicken Curry – Serving method
Chicken Recipe – Mother’s Chicken Curry – is perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Mother’s chicken curry served as a main course for family gatherings, friends, parties or sunday meal. This excellent dish can go well with rice, biryani, roti, naan, paratha, phulka, idli or dosa. Mother’s chicken curry is must try dish that anyone can do in a quick time.Simple dish but stays forever in taste.
Boneless Chicken -1kg
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cinnamon bark-3 pieces
Curry leaves-2 spring
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Curry leaves-2 sprig
For the pestle masala:
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
- Dry roast the spices and make a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add tomato puree and the curry powder with turmeric and the salt.
- Allow it to cook for few mins in a medium flame.
- When the oil floats on the top, add the chicken pieces and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it for the 5 mins in a low flame.
- Add water and cook it for 10 mins in a low flame.
- Crush the garlic, shallots, cumin, and pepper using pestle.
- Heat ghee in a pan ,add crushed mixture and curry leaves.fry it gently.
- Add it to the chicken curry and mix it well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or roti.