Chicken recipes – Murgh Musallam recipe is the origin of lahori cuisine, from the Mughlai style of cooking. Mughlai recipes are high standard food recipes with richness in its texture and taste.In Murgh Musallam recipe a whole chicken stuffed with rich spices,cooked and served with less gravy.Murgh Musallam chicken curry is my version of cooking.I prefer medium size chicken pieces in more gravy rather than whole chicken.Murgh Musallam chicken curry needs lot of preparation and more time. Chicken pieces are marinated with garlic,lemon juice and cooked with shallots, yogurt, almonds paste mixture. I prefer shallots than onion which gives juicy taste and healthy too.
Chicken recipes – Murgh Musallam chicken curry is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins also play an important role in assisting overweight people in losing weight quickly. As proteins are also known as the building blocks of muscles,chicken is also a great source if you’re looking for muscle build-up.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.
Chicken Recipes – Murgh Musallam – chicken curry is the great dish for family gatherings, parties or an occasion with family and friends. Murgh Musallam Chicken curry can be served as a main course for lunch or dinner with rice or roti, naan, phulka or paratha. Murgh Musallam chicken curry can go well with south indian idli or dosa.
Chicken -1 Kg
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Spices For the Coconut Paste:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -5 tbsp
Poppy seeds-5 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces or whole chicken with salt, fresh garlic paste and lemon juice for 30 mins.
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan, cumin seeds, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Add chopped shallots, green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add the ground paste and salt, cook it for few minutes.
- When the oil floats on the top, add the chicken pieces,yogurt and mix it well
- Cover it and pressure cook it for 3 whistles in a low flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.