Potato recipes – Murgh Musallam recipe is the origin of lahori cuisine, from the Mughlai style of cooking. Mughlai recipes are high standard food recipes with richness in its texture and taste.In Murgh Musallam recipe a whole chicken stuffed with rich spices,cooked and served with less gravy. Murgh Musallam potato curry is my version of cooking for vegetarians .I prefer medium size potato pieces in more gravy. Murgh Musallam potato curry needs lot of preparation and more time. Potato pieces are half boiled and cooked with shallots, yogurt, almonds paste mixture. I prefer shallots than onion which gives juicy taste and healthy too.
Potato recipes – Murgh Musallam potato curry is best known for its carbohydrate content. The predominant form of this carbohydrate is starch(RS). The amount of resistant starch in potatoes depends much on preparation methods. Cooking and then cooling potatoes significantly increases resistant starch. For example, cooked potato starch contains about 7% resistant starch, which increases to about 13% upon cooling.The cooking method used can significantly affect the nutrient availability of the potato.RS can also help us stay lean and healthy.
Potato Recipes – Murgh Musallam – potato curry is the great dish for family gatherings, parties or an occasion with family and friends. Murgh Musallam potato curry can be served as a main course for lunch or dinner with rice or roti, naan, phulka or paratha. Murgh Musallam potato curry can go well with south indian idli or dosa.
Potato -500 gms
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Spices For the Coconut Paste:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -5 tbsp
Poppy seeds-5 tbsp
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan, cumin seeds, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Add chopped shallots, green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add the ground paste and salt, cook it for few minutes.
- When the oil floats on the top, add the half boiled potato pieces,yogurt and mix it well
- Cover it and pressure cook it for 3 whistles in a low flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.