Okra Recipes – Bhindi Pulao is prepared using tomato, onion mixture with less spices. Okra curry recipe can be made with sesame oil, which gives richness to the dish, tastes excellent and healthy.
Okra Recipes – Bhindi Pulao is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium.
Okra recipes – Okra known in many English-speaking countries as ladies’ fingers, bhindi, bamia, or gumbo,It is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisine, such as bhindi masala /sambar. In Malaysia okra is commonly a part of yong tau foo cuisine,served in a soup with noodles.
Okra Recipes – Bhindi Pulao is simple dish that can go well with rice and roti. Variety of dishes can be prepared with this okra. Okra Recipes- okra fry, bendakaya pulsu, okra peanut masala, bhindi masala are popular okra dishes in india. I have prepared 17 types of dishes, you can watch these recipe videos in my site. Each recipe has its unique flavor and taste.
Okra -250 gms
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Sambar powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering/Tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Red chillies -4
- Wash ,pat dry and chop okra into medium slices.
- Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, and red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once spluttered add chopped onions and fry it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté it.
- Add turmeric powder, hing, sambar powder and salt.
- Add chopped okra and fry it gently.
- Sprinkle water, cover it and cook for 15 mins in a low flame.
- Add cooked rice and sesame oil and mix it well.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve it hot with pickle and papad.