Patatas bravas also called patatas a la brava or papas bravas, is a traditional Spanish dish. Fried potatoes served warm with a sauce such as a spicy tomato sauce or a mayonnaise. This dish is commonly served in restaurants and bars throughout Spain, where it is traditionally accompanied by a shot of orujo or a glass of wine.It is one of the most spicy dishes served in Spain.
For the sauce
Onion -1 medium
- Heat oil in a pan,add the chopped onions and fry it till it gets softened.
- Add chopped garlic cloves, chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, paprika,salt and sugar,mix it well.
- Cover and cook it for 12 mins in a medium flame.keep it aside.
- peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and pat dry.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until it reaches crisp and golden brown.
- Add the fried potatoes into the sauce and toss it.
- Garnish it with fresh chopped parsley leaves.