valappu – 1flower (banana varieties which are used as fruits i.e rasthali,puvan ,robustum have tastier flowers)
chana dal – 1 cup
green chillies – 4-5
onion – 3 big
fennel seeds (saunf) – 1-11/2 tbsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
corn flour (or) rice flour – 2 tbsp
refined oil For the frying vadas
- First clean the florets.soak the chana dal For the 3 hrs.
- Banana flowers have many rows of florets within one another (remove the stamen from the florets).
- Boil the florets with turmeric and salt water.
- When they are fully cooked and soft, Filter it and keep it aside.
- After it cools For the 10 min grind it with half of chana dal fennel seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger flakes.
- Now add rice flour,chana dal, hing, salt, chopped onion, coriander leaves and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make it into small vadas and deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot with meals or as tiffin.
Valappu is good For the uterus disorders.