valappu – 1flower (banana varieties which are used as fruits i.e rasthali,puvan ,robustum have tastier flowers)
green chillies – 4-5
onion – 3 big
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad dal-1/2 tsp
- First clean the florets.soak the chana dal For the 3 hrs.
- Banana flowers have many rows of florets within one another (remove the stamen from the florets).
- Boil the florets with turmeric and salt water.
- When they are fully cooked and soft, Filter it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan adds urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Once they splutter, add chopped onions, green chillies and sauté it.
- Add boiled florest, salt and mix it well.cook For the few mins.
- Serve hot with meals or as tiffin.