chana dal – 1 cup
plantain stem-1 cup
green chillies – 4
onion – 3 medium
fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
corn flour (or) rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Soak the chana dal For the 3 hrs.
- Boil the plantain stem pieces with turmeric and salt.
- Grind it half of chana dal with half of the boiled stems, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger flakes.
- Now add rice flour, remaining chana dal, remaining stem pieces, hing, salt, chopped onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt.
- Mix it well to the right dough pliable consistency, the dough should be neither watery nor thick.
- Heat the oil for the deep frying in a thick-bottomed flat pan on a medium flame.
- Take small portion of dough and make it into small vadas and deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot with meals or as snack.