Basmati Rice-500 gms
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Turmeric – 1/2tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
- Cook the rice separately.
- Heat oil in a pan, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves.
- Add Chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add tomato puree and the spices with the salt
- When the oil floats at the top, add the prawns and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it For the 8 mins in a low flame.
- Take the electric cooker, add the cooked rice as a layer and add the prawn masala on the top as a layer, garnish it with coriander leaves .repeat it For the 3 times.
- Sprinkle orange colour diluted water at the top and cooks it For the 4 mins.
- Garnish with Fresh coriander and serve it hot with raita