Whole wheat flour-1 cup
All purpose flour-1/2 cup
- Take the flours in equal amounts in a large mixing bowl and add normal water.
- Add less water at a time and start to mix the flour to For them a dough.
- We need the dough to be soft, so add less water at a time.
- To make a smooth, soft dough. Knead well For the 8-10 minutes, adding a little flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Instead of water, you can also use yoghurt or milk. This makes rotis really soft.
- Continue the process till you get the right consistency of the dough.
- Once you’ve got the dough to the right consistency, cover with a damp cloth and keep it aside For the 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into small portions of evenly size.
- Roll these portions into balls between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board and roll each ball into a thin circle.
- Spread little oil and rice flour on the top of circle and place the other circle and roll it to make thin rotis.
- Heat the pan on a medium flame.
- Place the roti on the pan, when the colour changes flip over to the other side. When you see the balck spots on the opposite side again flip over it.
- Press it gently with spacula. This will help the roti to puff up.
- Remove it and separate the thin soft rotis.
- Brush butter and serve it hot.