Chicken stock-1 cup
Balsamic Vinegar-2 tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes with salt, and keep it aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan,add mashed potatoes and add milk.
- Whip it gently , add salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Melt the oil and butter in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Add the onion and cover with a lid. Cook slowly for approx 10 mins or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar to the onions and stir well. Cover with the lid and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and boil gently uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the flour mixture by adding a tsp of water and pour the flour mixture back into the onion gravy, and boil until the gravy is slightly thickened.
- Heat oil in a pan, place the sausages and fry them until it turns to golden brown on all sides.
- Place the sausages and mash on the plate and pour the hot onion gravy over the mash and sausages.
- Serve it immediately.