Okra Recipes – Bhindi masala is prepared using peanuts, sesame seeds, cumin and green chillies mixture. Bhindi masala recipe can be made with sesame seeds and garlic, which gives richness to the dish, tastes excellent and healthy.
Okra Recipes – Bhindi masala is the popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium.
Okra recipes – Okra known in many English-speaking countries as ladies’ fingers, bhindi, bamia, or gumbo,It is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisine, such as bhindi masala /sambar. In Malaysia okra is commonly a part of yong tau foo cuisine,served in a soup with noodles.
Okra Recipes – Bhindi masala is simple dish that can go well with rice and roti. Variety of dishes can be prepared with this okra. Okra Recipes- okra fry, bendakaya pulusu, okra tamarind curry, okra pachadi, dahi bhindi are popular okra dishes in india. I have prepared 17 types of dishes, you can watch these recipe videos in my site. Each recipe has its unique flavor and taste.
Okra – 250gms
Sesame seeds -2 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash ,pat dry and chop the okra into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add the okra pieces and stir fry it for few mins in a medium flame.
- Add turmeric,salt,hing and mix it well.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Add it to the blender,add garlic cloves and green chillies and make a fine paste.
- Once the okra pieces are cooked well, add the peanut paste and cook it for 10 mins uncovered in a low flame.
- Once the masala evenly well coated with the okra pieces, switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.