Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani is a special meat and rice biryani dish originating from the Sindh province of Pakistan.Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani is one of the most consumed dishes of Pakistani cuisine and Sindhi cuisine.
Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani is prepared by cooking rice and chicken separately. This video shows my style of cooking. Chicken and potatoes are cooked with all spices and yogurt. Rice is cooked with the spices separately. The rice and curry brought together and layered. Slow cooking process results more tasty, juicy and delicious chicken biryani.
Rather than the regular Biryani, Sindhi Biryani is more spicy and tasty.You can also substitute mutton with chicken. Potatoes are not necessary , it can be added to give richness to the dish.
Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins also play an important role in assisting overweight people in losing weight quickly. As proteins are also known as the building blocks of muscles,chicken is also a great source if you’re looking for muscle build-up.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.
Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani recipe is a creation of layers of perfectly cooked with meat curry, rice and herbs. For healthy diet use less oil and incease the yogurt level,instead of white rice you can use brown rice. Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani is the great dish perfect for any occasions, family gatherings.Chicken Biryani – Sindhi Biryani is very easy to make and delicious to taste.
Chicken -1 kg
Basmati Rice-1 Kg
Sindhi Briyani powder- 1 packet
Salt to taste
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (make it puree)
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Mint leaves-1/2 bunches (optional)
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan, add sliced onions and fry it until it turns to golden brown.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and cook for few mins.
- Add chicken pieces and cook it for 10 mins.
- Add potato cubes and fry it
- Add curd, sindhi biryani powder, salt and tomato puree.
- Cover it and cook for 20 mins ,when the oil separates from the curry and floats on the top and gravy is thick,switch off the flame.
- Cook the basmati rice in electric cooker 3/4 with the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves. keep it aside.
- Take the electric cooker sprinkle oil at the bottom and add rice as a layer and add chicken masala as a layer on the top. Add chopped coriander leaves. Repeat it for 3 layers.
- Mix saffron in warm milk and sprinkle it at the top or use orange colour and cook it for 5 mins.
- Serve it hot with raita or brinjal curry.