Tamarind juice-1 cup
Garlic cloves-6 (optional)
Salt to taste
For the Tadka/Tempering:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad dal-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 spring
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Boil the eggs and peel it keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add tempering spices.
- Once they splutter, add chopped onions, green chillies, garlic cloves and sauté it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and spices, mix it well.
- Add tamarind juice, salt and cook until oil float at the top.
- Add boiled eggs and stir it well.
- Cover it and cook for the 20 mins in a medium flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with rice.