Stuffed Brinjal Curry – is a south Indian dish mainly from temple city Madurai. It is very easy to make and well goes with any variety rich. Its nutrition facts rich in iron.it differs from normal eggplant recipes, tastes very different and delicious.
Salt to taste
For the tempering/Tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
For the Grinding:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 TSP
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to the masala paste
- Split the eggplant, and stuff the masala paste and mix it well so that it’s nicely coated on it.
- Marinate it For the 15 mins.
- Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, and curry leaves.
- Once spluttered, add chopped onions and sauté it.
- Add the stuffed eggplant and stir it well.
- Cover it and cook For the 15 mins in a low flame.
- Serve it hot with rice.