Plantain stem-250 gms
Moong dal-100 gms
Salt to taste
For the Tempering/Tadka:
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Red chillies -4
- Peel the stem and cut in small pieces and removes the fiber.
- Add turmeric , salt and boil it.
- Filter it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin seeds, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once they splutter, add onions and green chillies and sauté it.
- Add boiled moong dal, cooked plaintain stem, turmeric powder, hing, salt and stir it well.
- Cook it For the 7 mins in a low flame and add grated coconut and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with rice and rotis.