Yam -1/2 Kg
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Curry leaves-2 spring
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Spices For the Coconut Paste:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 TSP
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
For the Tomato paste:
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and sauté it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook For the 2 mins
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and cook it For the 5 mins.
- Grind it in a blender and make a fine paste. Tomato paste is ready.
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste with the coconut.Coconut paste is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add tomato paste, turmeric and salt.
- When the oil floats at the top, add the yam pieces and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it For the 12 mins in a low flame.
- Add the coconut paste and stir it well and cook For the 10 mins.
- Garnish with Fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.